The Experience Of A Lifetime


When we first arrived at our first day of clinic I was nervous and anxious but before I knew it all those feelings went away when we were greeted by hugs and kisses as soon as we exited the bus. Hundreds of people lined up and are anxious to see the doctors and hopefully help make a difference in their vision. 




One of my most meaning full experiences was simply playing and talking to all the children at the school. The kids were both entertaining and very hard to register because some of them were too young to know their numbers. 

 This was my very first mission trip with TWECS but for my mom or as others know her as Dr. Dana Blakolmer it was her third trip and I was lucky enough to be able to share the experience with her. Before I came on the trip I was nervous because I thought that I might not fit in, I was wrong everyone was friendly and very welcoming, I could not ask for a better group of volunteers. The hosts of the clinics we visted were also very comforting, they made us lunch almost everyday and on our second last day they made us a cake and thanked us with scarves and hats. 

Zoe Foerster













    

   

1 comment:

  1. Zoe you are not amazing member of the team in Peru! Good for you to go along and contribute so much. Thanks for sharing your experience

    ReplyDelete